Is it time for a kitchen remodel? Maybe you’ve been thinking about it for years or maybe you are a new homeowner. The kitchen is the heart of the home, so updating this space brings benefits beyond having a nice-looking room. The truth is that remodeling your kitchen has many benefits. You will likely cook more meals at home. Have friends and family over on a regular basis. Enjoy moments of deep conversation and laughter. Don’t wait… it’s time to stop by Jackson Stoneworks to start the remodel of YOUR kitchen!
1. Improve Functionality & Eliminate Inconvenience
Update an Awkward Layout
Above all else, you want a kitchen that functions for your needs. No one works well in an awkward space. Is your working area too small and too cramped? Maybe you can’t open specific cabinets if someone is in the refrigerator. You might need more countertop space or a durable countertop medium for meal prep. These things can be fixed or at least significantly improved with the right remodeling job.
Ideas for improving functionality:
- Add storage organizers in the drawers
- Reconfigure the space to add a peninsula or island
- Add under-cabinet lighting
- Create a food pantry storage area
- Install smaller appliances
- Upgrade your countertops
Update Deteriorating Materials
As you reconfigure the space in your kitchen, it makes sense to update deteriorating materials. No matter how durable, shiny and new everything appears when first installed, things fall apart. Dents appear. The wear and tear of life and general use takes its toll. The most important things to update include the cabinets, countertops, sink, faucet, and flooring. Invest in high-quality, durable products that will last many years.
2. Renovate Your Kitchen to Meet Your Family’s Needs
Create a Space that Works for Your Family
With a well-thought-out space comes relaxation and peace of mind. When renovating your kitchen, it’s important to do so with your family’s specific needs. Maybe you want to make a large table for gathering in the center of the room. Do the kids do homework at the snack counter?
Once renovated to suit your needs, your kitchen will be the gathering place you’ve always dreamed about.
Kitchen Needs to Consider:
- Storage: Cabinet and pantry storage or a place for your china collection?
- Appliances: Double ovens, cooktop, range, beverage fridge, microwave drawer, etc.
- Seating: Do you want an eat-in kitchen or an island?
- Do you want a beverage bar for wine or beer?
- Room for entertaining
If your current kitchen doesn’t fit your lifestyle, a kitchen remodel can make it the kitchen of your dreams.
3. Upgrade to Fit Your Personal Style
Do you cringe every time you enter your outdated kitchen? If so, it may be time to create a happier go-to space. Your kitchen should be somewhere you want to be and spend time. That means pleasant surroundings that reflect your personal style.
When you have an updated kitchen, you’ll want to spend more time in your kitchen.
Some style considerations could include:
- Backsplash tile: Choose your favorite color or shape
- High quality countertops such as quartz or granite
- Hood : Get a brand-new hood above your range
- Hardware: Change the style or finish of cabinet knobs and pulls
- Lighting: Is your kitchen gloomy? Brighten it up with contemporary kitchen fixtures
- Plumbing fixtures: Update your faucet with a new style
Since you’ll be spending a good portion of your life in the kitchen, make sure it fits your aesthetics. Our designers can help you incorporate the most popular products, colors and designs in your kitchen.
4. Remodel to Boost Your Home’s Resale Value
Buyers Look for Updated Kitchens
Think beyond yourself when updating your kitchen. The updates will also be appreciated by new home buyers should you choose to sell. An updated kitchen will boost the resale of your home and adds value to your future.
Statistics show that you will likely recoup a good chunk of what you invest. You will get back 62-77% of what you paid for the remodel. It is also likely you will sell your home more quickly as the kitchen is often the shining star for new home buyers.
A home with an updated and remodeled kitchen will almost always sell more quickly than a home without one.
Improve resale value with these updates:
- Modern Cabinets
- Floor and Wall Tiles
- New Sinks and Faucets
5. Increase Energy & Water Savings
Update Your Appliances to Save Energy & Water
Are your appliances out-of-date and using unnecessary energy? A remodel is the perfect time to update. From ovens to dishwashers to stoves, kitchens are full of energy-sucking appliances that you may not even realize.
Get Started on a Kitchen Remodel
Are you ready to speak with our designers? Whatever your reason for remodeling your kitchen, we are here to help. You provide the inspiration and we will give you the options to bring your dream kitchen to life.